2020 Midland District Shrine Club Midland Spring Home & Garden Show
Contract /Terms and Conditions (T&C)
1. Processing Applications
Applications will not be processed without the following:
Completed, signed and dated application form
50% Deposit in Cash, Cheque or E-Transfer (Please contact us for Cash Transactions)
Balance Due March 17th/20 by P.D. Cheque, Cash or E-Transfer
Proof of Liability Insurance
Worker’s Compensation Ins. (if applicable)
Proof of Certified Kitchen (if applicable)
2. Exhibit Content/ Character Show Management reserves the right to decline any application. Applicants may be declined when products or services are already being provided by five or more previously approved exhibitors at the event. It may also occur when an applicant’s product, services, conduct, merchandise, printed material, souvenirs, catalogs, or any other items without limitations, are not aligned with the Midland Spring Home Show’s mandate or MDSC standards.
Payments will be accepted by E-Transfer, Cash or Cheque Deposits or Full Payment must accompany Application Balance must be received on or before March 17th, 2020 Please contact us for Cash Payments @: email@example.com
Please make cheques payable to Midland District Shrine Club P.O. Box 383, Midland, Ontario L4R 4L1
4. CancellationPolicy A Non-Refundable Deposit of 50% of the cost of the Booth plus a Post-Dated cheque dated no Later than March 17th, 2020 for the Balance of the Booth Space and an Authorized Signature must accompany this contract to reserve your space. If the Balance is not received by March 17th, 2020 your booth space will not be held for you and your deposit will be forfeited.
There will be no Exceptions!!!
5. Installation / Hours of Operation / Evacuation
Thursday April 16th,2020
10:00 am – 6:00pm
Opening Day: Friday, April 17th, 2020
7:00 am – 12 noon
Booths must be staffed…
Opening Day: Friday, April 17th, 2020
1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
All Day Saturday, April 18th, 2020
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday night, April 18th, 2020
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Booths are to remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Dismantling may occur after that time. No exceptions, Please! All visitors, some of whom may have traveled great distances to attend, deserve to see the full extent of the show’s collection of artists, artisans, tradespeople and local businesses. Exhibitors ignoring this rule will not be invited back to next year’s show.
6. Admission to The Venue Only authorized representatives of the Exhibitors made known to the Show Management in registration documents are entitled to entrance in The Venue during installation and evacuation. Each representative of any exhibiting company or organization must have his/her own applicable identification. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in The Venue, and are not permitted in The Venue during installation and evacuation times.
Subletting of space is strictly prohibited without the written approval of Show Management.
7. Booth Operations/ Design Exhibits must be staffed at all times during the Show hours. All signs must be professionally produced. Literature distribution and other marketing must be done within your booth space. Displays must not interfere with traffic flow in aisles, or access to other booths. Tables, chairs, carpeting, etc are the responsibility of the Exhibitor. Any fastening done in the facility must not deface floors, walls, pillars, ceilings or drapery.Use of equipment including but not limited to televisions, computers, radios and speakers must not infringe upon any adjacent Exhibitors. Fire exits and doors must be kept clear at all times.
8. Height restrictions will be strictly enforced:
Maximum Backdrop Height of 2.4 m ( 8 ft) for Inner Aisle Booths (middle of the arena)
Maximum Backdrop Height of 4.2 m (14 ft) for Perimeter Booths (along arena walls)
Maximum Side Panel Height of .91 m (3ft) for ALL Booths, for first 1.8 m (6 ft) from aisle
Maximum Kiosk Total Height of .91 m (3 ft).
9. Booth Drapery Pipes and drapery are rented by the Midland District Shrine Club Club (MDSC), and must be returned to the provider in the same condition as when installed. Fees may be charged to the Exhibitor for any damages that occur during the show or booth dismantling. Please do not attach anything to the drapery. The use of straight pins is prohibited, as is any other activity that could be damaging.
10. Location Assignments Booth locations are to be assigned by Show Management. Returning Exhibitors with complete application packages, deposits, and post-dated cheques submitted on or before December 31st are to be given priority placements. Other locations are to be assigned as booth payments are made in full. Show Management reserves the right to alter booth space, and relocate Exhibitors, as required.
11. Raffle Prizes Each exhibitor is required to supply The Midland Spring Home Show with a tangible gift (i.e. not gift certificates or coupons), valued at $50 or more, for the Midland District Shrine Club Fundraising Raffle.A description of the Prize and Value must be noted on the Contract to Hold Booth Space. There will be no Exceptions!!!These prize draws are done throughout The Show by the MDSC. They do not replace promotional draws at your booth, but are supplementary to them.
12. Home Show Special Offer/ Promotion Each booth is required to provide a unique time-limited special offer during the Midland Spring Home Show. It could be a generous discount on a product or service, complimentary upgrades, or the chance to win free tickets to an event, etc. A brief description is to be included on the application form, and may be used for promotional purposes by Show Management. If you decide to host a draw or award prizes, Home Show Management would be pleased to coordinate the announcement of winners with you during the last hour of The Show.
13. Animal Restriction Dogs or other animals are NOT allowed inside The Venue, unless said animal is a bona fide service animal, or if the animal has been pre-authorized by the Show Management.
14. Helium BalloonsHelium balloons and/or helium displays are not permitted at the Midland Spring Home Show.
15. Venue Security The arena shall be locked overnight. This act as such shall not be deemed to affect the liability of the MDSC and/or Show Management, and/or their members, officers, representatives and employees.
16. Insurance ALL Exhibitors/Vendors shall, at their own expense, secure and maintain through the term of the contract, including installation and evacuation days, the following insurance and shall supply a copy of said insurance to the Show Management:
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance with limits not less than $1,000,000, each occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate, combines single limit for bodily injury and property damage, including coverage for personal injury, contractual, and operation of mobile equipment, products and liquor liability (if applicable). Copies or primary coverage endorsements and complete copies of policies shall be furnished to the Show Management in advance of The Show
Plus Each Corporate Exhibitor/Vendor shall, at its own expense, secure and maintain through the term of the contract, including installation and evacuation days, the following insurance AND supply a copy of said insurance to the Show Management:
Employees’ Workers Compensation Insurance if applicable.
17. Observance of Laws The Exhibitor shall abide by and observe all federal, provincial and local laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations and all rules and regulations of The Venue (including any union labour work rules).
18. Taxes and Licenses The Show Management will apply for and furnish a Hawker and Peddler license from the Town of Midland for each Exhibitor for the duration of the show. All other licenses, federal, provincial and municipal (including fire and health permits, and proof of certified kitchens), for Exhibitor activities at The Show are the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall be solely responsible for obtaining any necessary tax identification numbers and permits and for paying all taxes, license fees, user fees or other fees, charges, levies or penalties that may become due to any governmental authority in connection with its activities at The Show.
19. Limitation of Liability The Midland District Shrine Club and Show Management members, officers, representatives, and/or employees, will not be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage, on the part of the Exhibitor, or their employees, or property from any cause whatsoever, from the start of installation to the end of evacuation, including but not limited to loss of profits.
Each Exhibitor assumes full risk of any injury, loss or damage to their booth, property, employees, or other representatives, from the time of installation to the completed evacuation on the closing day of the Home Show.
20. Indemnifications The Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the MDSC and Show Management, its members, officers, representatives and employees from any and all claims, demands, suits, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses which result from or arise out of or in connection with the exhibitors’ participation or presence at the Midland Spring Home Show, including but not limited to:
any breach by the Exhibitor of any agreements, covenants, promises or other obligations under this contact;
any violation or infringement (or claim of violations or infringement) of any law or ordinances or the rights of any part under any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right;
slander, defamation or similar claims resulting from the actions or the exhibitor;
any harm or injury to the Exhibitor; and/or
any loss of or damage to property or the business or profits of the exhibitor, whether caused by negligence, intentional act, accident, act of God, theft or otherwise.
21. Force Majeure In case The Venue shall be destroyed by fire or by any cause outside the control of the Show Management, or in case government intervention or regulation, military activity, strikes, acts or threats of terrorism, or any other circumstances make it impossible or inadvisable to hold The Show at the time and place provided in the Registration and Contract signed by the Exhibitor, then and thereupon the contract shall terminate and the Exhibitor shall waive any claim for damages or compensation, except the pro rata return of the amount paid for Exhibitor space, after the deduction of actual expenses incurred in connection with The Show and there shall be no further liability on the part of either party.
Vendor Waiver & Release From Liability
I waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against the Midland District Shrine Club (MDSC)., and I release from all liability and agree not to sue the MDSC., the Town of Midland, the North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre, the County of Simcoe or any of their shareholders, directors, officers, employees, members, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, suppliers, representatives (collectively, “the Personnel”) for any personal injury, death, property damage claims arising from my participation in the Midland Spring Home Show (herein MSHS), whether it arises from facilities, activities, or other loss that I sustain as a result of my participation in the MSHS from any cause whatsoever, on the part of any one or more of the MDSC, the Town of Midland, the North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre, the County of Simcoe, the Personnel or others, including but not limited to: (a) negligence (the meaning of which includes failure to use such care as a reasonably prudent and careful person would use under similar circumstances; and (b) breach of any other duty imposed by law, including any duty imposed by occupiers liability or other legislation; and (c) breach of any contract; and (d) mistakes or errors in judgment of any kind.
I understand that by signing this document (which I acknowledge having the opportunity to read before signing) that I am giving up rights I may have at law to claim for damages against the parties named herein.
Further, in consideration of being allowed to operate at the MSHS, I agree to indemnify and hold the MDSC and the Town of Midland, harmless from any claims, demands suits or actions howsoever, wheresoever, and whensoever arising from my participation in the MSHS. This agreement is binding upon my family, heirs, and assigns. I understand that insurance coverage is a condition of being permitted to operate vendor’s concession at the MSHS and my failure and/or refusal to provide proof of insurance to the MDSC is the reason I am signing this document. If the MDSC or Town of Midland is sued or has to pay any money because of my actions or products, no matter what they are, or how they happen, I understand this agreement means that I must pay the MDSC any money that it may be required to pay to others due to or arising from my actions or my failure to act, whether I intend them or not. I am responsible for all of their costs, including any legal fees or out of pocket expenses. I am signing this agreement as a condition, and in consideration of being permitted entry and being allowed to set up a vendor’s concession or an information booth at the MSHS.
Print Name of APPLICANT(s)*
SIGNATURE of APPLICANT(S)
Signed and witnessed this
*(PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF REQUIRED)
2020 Midland Spring Home & Garden Show to support the Shriners Endeavours for Children CONTACT SHOW COORDINATOR ELSIE 705-427-0027 FOR INFORMATION